Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Hoofprints...,along the Verde River








One of the first excursions we took as a new little family (complete with horse of course, which Gary never formally adopted, but certainly would have if called upon) was to go camping somewhere along the Verde River with some friends, Vic and Sherrill. Billy was awesome, even despite the lunacy of a teenage target shooter across the river who inadvertently hit the horse trailer, but thankfully nothing else. The girls were rapidly falling in love with this big gentle colt, as were Gary and I. He was just always ready and willing to do most anything, although he definitely had a mind of his own, from the start.


3 comments:

Gary said...

I was not kissing the horse. I was just comparing my beard color to his fur. I was not kissing the horse. I was NOT kissing the horse!!

Gwendolyn said...

Yeah, right :-)

kmac said...

sure Dad.